Today, everyone around the world is talking about Miss World 2017, and India specifically is celebrating as Manushi Chhillar of Haryana wins the coveted title of Miss World-2017. 17 years ago, Priyanka Chopra won the title of Miss World. Manushi left everyone awestruck and impressed with her beauty, intelligence and attitude in the competition.
With this victory, where the whole country is excited, there is also an atmosphere of celebration in Haryana. Most happiness is being observed in Bhagat Phool Singh Medical College of Sonipat. The college students say that “Manushi has fulfilled what she promised. Hub we will celebrate victory with her.”
Quick Facts About Manushi Chhillar
1. Manushi was born to a doctor couple Dr. Mitra Basu Chhillar and Dr. Neelam Chhillar, in Rohtak. There is an atmosphere of celebration in the entire village.
2. Manushi did her schooling at St. Thomas School of Delhi. Currently, pursuing MBBS from Bhagat Phool Singh Medical College, Sonipat.
3. Despite the MBBS, she was extremely fond of modeling and acting and took part in several stage shows and dramas. She was also tagged with the title of Miss Campus Princess in the Medical College in December 2016.
4. She sacrificed one whole year of her education to participate in Femina Miss India 2017 representing Haryana and was crowned Miss Photogenic and eventually won the title of Miss India which gave her an opportunity to represent the country at Miss World 2017 competition.
5. Not to forget, Manushi is a trained Indian Classical Dancer and enjoys sketching and painting in her free time.
6. Apart from being exceptionally talented, Chhillar also has a flair for the English language, and was the All-India CBSE topper in English, in Class 12.
7. Her ‘Beauty with a Purpose‘ project at Miss World 2017 was Project Shakti. The campaign’s objective is to spread awareness about Menstrual Hygiene and for this initiative, she visited around 20 villages and met more than 5,000 women for treatment.